NMC is proud to have these following partners and affiliates:
- Leon County CareNET
- United Way of The Big Bend
- FAMU Institute of Public Health provides interns who train at NMC.
- FAMU College of Pharmacy manages the on-site pharmacy, provides diabetes management and education and also provides interns who may assist in outreach and other services to patients as requested.
- FAMU School of Nursing provides interns who train at NMC and assist in providing medical services to patients. The School of Nursing also provides NHS’ electronic medical records system.
- Florida and the Caribbean AIDS Telehealth Training Center (FCATTC) provides clinical and educational guidance to NMC staff through on-site didactic and telehealth sessions.
- FSU College of Medicine provides volunteer doctors and medical students who provide medical services to NMC patients; provides smoking cessation and weight loss classes to NHS patients.
- Frenchtown Neighborhood “Diabetes and You” program provides diabetic testing meters, training and meal planning for NMC’s diabetic patients.
- Epilepsy Foundation provides NHS’ epilepsy patients with assistance in acquiring medications and with obtaining appointments to neurologists.
- Epilepsy Association of the Big Bend is a fund raising partner with NMC.
- Department of Health – Office of Minority Health provides breast and cervical cancer testing for female patients over age 50 and also serves as a source of information and assistance for issues related to minority health
- Tallahassee Coalition for the Homeless provides shelter, meals and, on a limited basis, a bus ticket home, for homeless patients who are referred to it.
- The Shelter provides shelter and meals to homeless patients on a walk-in basis.
- ECHO assists NHS referrals for patients who are in need of assistance with employment counseling, housing, furniture and food.
- Catholic Charities provides limited funding for medications, rent assistance and bus tickets for homeless patients who want to return to their families.
- Apalachee Center, Inc. provides suicide watch and in-patient care for NMC patients who are suicidal.
- Leon County Health Department provides family planning for NMC patients.
- Ability 1st of Tallahassee works with the clients of Project Integrated Health to teach independent living skills.
- Disability Advocates of Tallahassee works the NMC clients who have severe and/or persistent mental illness to help them receive SSI/SSDI.
- Tallahassee Housing Authority – the collaborative agreement between the agencies allows NMC to provide health screening and education to residents of several of the public housing complexes.
- Tallahassee Memorial Hospital – this collaboration agreement allows for NMC to provide services to patients in TMH’s new Transitional Care Center.
If you would like to be a partner/sponsor, please contact us at: Neighborhood Medical Center (850) 224-2469