Neighborhood Medical Center provides a smoking cessation program, Quit Smoking Now, through a partnership with FSU’s College of Medicine. Quit Smoking Now is a 6-week program that meets for 1 hour weekly and provides support for the effort to quit smoking through group or individual counseling and also by providing pharmacotherapy items such as the Nicoderm patch, lozenges or gum. All services of the Quit Smoking Now program are provided free of charge.
Couples therapy focuses on enhancing and preserving the bond between the two partners in a relationship. Both partners usually attend sessions together. The therapist will not takes sides and will give both partners the opportunity to speak and be heard.
Other General Services
The Center also provides other general services to uninsured and underinsured adults..Mentalcare includes diagnosis, treatment, mdications and follow-up care.
Services offered are in the areas of:
- HIV/STD testing
- TB Screenings (must be read within 48hours)
- On-site lab services specimen collection site
- On-site pharmacy offers prescription medication for eligible patients
- Vision screening
- Dental services through referral to We Care Network
- Breast and cervical cancer screening with physical examination
- Yearly programs/events relating to health issues
- Social Services
- Referrals for specialty care for eligible patients to We Care Network
- Assistance with applying for Medicaid and food stamps
- Referrals and links to outside agencies for additional services